- Antioch, IL, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefit package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, LIfe, Disability, 401K with match, award-winning wellness program
Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for specific manufacturing lines and processes within our Antioch, IL facility. He or she will drive quality and efficiency improvements, support lean initiatives, launch new products, and respond to normal day to day manufacturing issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Create new processes or modify existing in response to product and process change orders.
Integrate new customer models into existing production lines, help evaluate costs of new products, and create new lines when necessary.
Support the manufacturing team as questions or concerns arise.
Develop a thorough understanding of assigned processes and products such that processes can be optimized relative to Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Safety:
- For all new products assigned, apply error proofing techniques as early as possible to ensure that customer expectations are met every time with the highest possible efficiencies using PFMEA techniques.
- For any existing/legacy products assigned, define issues that can be prevented and develop solutions in advance.
- Drive continuous improvement of labor usage and efficiency.
- Work with quality engineering to find root cause and permanently correct customer quality concerns.
- Assist production team with delivery and throughput issues.
- Identify and prevent safety issues.
- B.S. degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing engineering preferred, but other technical degrees considered
- Minimum of 5 years industrial manufacturing experience.
- Proficient in Windows based systems and Microsoft Office products
Beneficial to have experience in:
- Steering wheel design or manufacturing.
- Polyurethane Reaction Injection Molding (RIM)
- Cross-competency product development team participation
- Electronics manufacturing and assembly.
- Tooling and fixture design
- PFMEAs, DFMEAs and DFM/DFA techniques.
- Structured problem solving skills at a working level, including fault tree analysis, 5-Why analysis, Design of Experiments, etc
- Safety and ergonomics.
- Applied methods for optimizing line efficiencies and maximizing outgoing product quality
- Line/Cell design techniques and related equipment design
- Product verification techniques and related equipment design.
- Oracle, MES, Solidworks
Personal Characteristics of the Candidate:
- Must be able to work within the IMMI facility(s), i.e. this is not a work-at-home position.
- Ability to travel by vehicle and airplane, both domestic and internationally. International travel will be limited in quantity, but could occur.
- Good interpersonal skills such that you can interact with and learn from managers and experienced engineers, both verbally and in written form.
- Must possess a willingness to embrace unfamiliar circumstances with an open-minded approach such as working with new technologies/solutions and/or working within dynamic business environments.
- Ability to manage core projects/initiatives to a timeline, while multi-tasking new assignments.
- Have the ability to remain calm and professional under adverse situations
IMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Male/Female/Veteran/Disability
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page