Test Technician - CAPE
- Westfield, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full benefit package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, LIfe, Disability, 401K with match, on-site physician and award-winning wellness program
IMMI is the home of an innovative crash test laboratory, the Center for Advanced Product Evaluation (CAPE). IMMI research and development engineers prove the performance of IMMI products through the use of crash testing, rollover testing and environmental testing. Extensive and rigorous testing of every IMMI product enables the company to consistently deliver dependable, high quality safety systems to its customers.
- To conduct customer testing services according to applicable standards and established procedures across all CAPE test centers while maintaining a high level of professionalism to ensure that customer deliverables are met and that customer specific interests remain confidential.
- Understand and become proficient with applicable test centers and test machine operation.
- Install fixtures, data acquisition systems, instrumentation and ATD's. Ensure that testing devices and equipment are properly maintained and calibrated.
- Review test requests and applicable supporting documentation for test setup.
- Follow applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Test compliance of product and archive per CAPE Procedures and Quality Procedures.
- Maintain the required documentation and communication throughout the test service.
- Perform a review the test data prior to forwarding the data to the report review process.
- Participate in the reporting of test services.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of various standards applicable to the testing services.
- Oversee applicable test center Preventative Maintenance.
- Provide input on SOP's, supporting documentation and overall procedures.
- Participate on cross functional teams to develop or modify test service capabilities.
Essential Functions / Qualifications:
- Must have an AAS degree in a related technical field, and/or 2 or more years of specialized training in a related technical field, and/or 5 or more years of work experience in a related work environment, and/or an acceptable combination of the above
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, data analysis software, data collection software, motion analysis software, etc.
- Must have verbal, auditory and written English skills sufficient to receive work direction, to participate on cross-functional teams, to communicate with customers.
- Must have strong work ethic and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be results oriented with the ability to deliver and meet deadlines without sacrificing team cohesiveness.
- Must be able to be mobile for the entire day as required; this is not a desk job.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs occasionally, 75 lbs frequently, and 50 lbs constantly.
- Must be able to perform the following as required: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, seeing, observing, and repetitive motions.
- Must maintain an IMMI forklift license.
- Must be able to provide coverage after hours and weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as the need arises.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and be able to drive long distances when necessary.
- Ability to work within a team environment and build relationships outside of the department as well as outside the company.
IMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Male/Female/Veteran/Disability